Strengthening Capacities of Young Leaders and Youth Organizations for Meaningful Community Participation Project started in November 2019 and is co-financed by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme under Key Action 2 – Youth Capacity Building.
The goal of the project is to develop youth leadership competencies and support the creation and capacity building of local youth organizations participating in the youth policy making in rural areas of Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova and Portugal.
Target audience: young people aged 16-30, youth workers, leaders of non-governmental youth organizations.
Partners: Federation of Youth Clubs of Armenia (Armenia), “MilleniuM” Training and Development Institute (Moldova), National Association of Educational Innovation and Inclusion in Schools – AENIE (Portugal).
ACTIVITIES WITHIN PROJECT
- fellowship in Portugal for 20 young leaders from Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova and Portugal;
- international training course in Ukraine for 24 youth workers and coordinators of youth projects;
- international youth exchange in Ukraine for 40 young people from rural communities;
- local activities in Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova and Portugal, such as trainings, awareness campaigns, conferences.
- to explore best practices of youth engagement in Portugal, the mechanisms of interaction between youth and local authorities and consequently to strengthen the capacity of 20 young people from Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova and Portugal to implement initiatives in their communities;
- to train 24 youth workers from Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine and Portugal who will multiply youth participation in local decision-making and youth advocacy;
- to support the creation and capacity development of at least eight local youth organizations (youth councils, youth NGOs, youth parliaments) in four countries and give them the opportunity to influence decision-making processes;
- to develop civic competencies and active citizenship of 40 young people from rural and remote areas of Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova and Portugal;
- to draw up youth-friendly brochures on youth organization management, a handbook on youth participation and a website with best practices and other project results to provide available resources for young leaders;
- to combine the experience of four participating organizations in empowering young people, engaging citizens, youth work and community development to create sustainable models of youth participation for their further institutionalization.