2020 surprised us in different ways! The format of this year’s Fourth Forum of Youth Workers is no exception. On December 1 and 2, youth workers watched the Forum on the First Youth TV Channel. It was a real two-day TV about youth work:
- Motivational morning TV show on how to keep yourself on your toes and achieve high results in your work
- A story about the latest news of youth policy in Ukraine
- Ukrainian youth policy forecast: what winds and cyclones should we expect?
- Free TV shop of digital tools for youth work
- Reality show “Digital tuning of a youth worker”
- Culinary show “123 UAH”
- Author’s program “How to outwit quarantine?” or five video stories about successful community youth work
- HARDtalk with experts on youth worker competencies in 2025. What should you be like in five years to be interesting and useful to young people?
- International online videoconference of youth workers
- Broadcasting of the award “Best practices in Ukrainian youth work 2020”
- “Late Youth Show” (it was stylish, fun and surprising 🙂
- Big quiz game “Youth policy and quarantine: adapt or postpone?”
- Advertisement (well, it can’t be avoided) of opportunities for youth workers.
We all attentively watched the forum for better understanding of youth policy, gained new skills, competencies and learnt from the experience of successful youth work and cases. But our organization was not just a spectator at the Forum. Vira Usyk, youth worker and vice-president of the organization, moderated an interesting Hard-talk discussion “The truth about youth workers in 2025”. The guests of the studio were Irina Belyaeva, director of the Youth Policy Department of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine; Serhiy Zamidra, deputy chairman of the All-Ukrainian Association of Communities, former head of the village of Nemishayev and deputy of the village council; Yulia Tkachuk, deputy director of the USAID/UNITY program; and Olena Chernykh, project manager of Youth for Democracy in Ukraine, the Council of Europe Office in Ukraine. The discussion was interesting, frank and incisive. Follow the link to watch: https://youtu.be/wxBbbtC5acc
We invite you to subscribe to the First Youth Channel on YouTube where you can not only watch all the programs of the 2020 Forum, but also follow the latest news, because the First Youth Channel continues its work. Link is here.